LAWCLERK Helps Law Firms Get Work Done
Thousands of law firms rely on our talented freelance lawyers and part-time associates to bill more hours, reduce overhead and increase profit.
Attorney Licensed in Illinois
Attorney Licensed in North Carolina
Attorney Licensed in Louisiana
WHY USE LAWCLERK?
Law Firm Hiring
Make More Money
Grow & Scale Your Practice
Hire Exactly Who You Need
WHY USE LAWCLERK?
Build your ideal freelance career without fear of nonpayment.
You choose the work you do and the attorneys you work with.
Work on your own schedule and from anywhere.
WHO USES LAWCLERK
Our Users Love LAWCLERK
I wasn’t sure about whether to use LAWCLERK, so I put it off for a while. I totally regret it. I should’ve done this months ago!
Our firm has a bustling estate planning and probate practice. I have used LAWCLERK to hire freelancers to assist with research and drating. LAWCLERK saved me so much time to focus on other tasks and the work product far exceeded my expectations. Our firm plans to continue to use LAWCLERK - It's the perfect remedy for busy attorneys!
I started freelancing on LAWCLERK with the aim of gaining valuable experience and supplemental income while I started a solo practice. However, after a few months on LAWCLERK, I was inspired to begin a full-time freelance career. LAWCLERK has connected me with attorneys from all over the country and has provided me with exciting opportunities I otherwise would have missed out on. LAWCLERK allows me to focus on what I love about the practice of law while providing me with the necessary tools to be successful for my client: the hiring attorney. LAWCLERK’s platform and support is unparalleled to anything I could have imagined, and I am extremely grateful to be a part of their community!
LAWCLERK makes up over 99% of my firm’s revenue and between projects and Virtual Associate assignments I have been able to build my law office from scratch debt-free. The sheer number of new projects and Virtual Associate opportunities that are posted daily never ceases to amaze me. This amount of work and the flexibility of being a freelancer has allowed me to watch my kids during the day while working during nap time and late into the night so I don’t miss out on quality time with the family. I highly, highly recommend LAWCLERK.
LAWCLERK has been a game changer for my solo practice. Posting a job takes only a few minutes. I have created a team of qualified attorneys through LAWCLERK, which increases my productivity without the stress of additional overhead to my practice.
I recently had an extremely complicated case which required extensive analysis, research and brief preparation to support a nonimmigrant visa waiver application. The Lawclerk who assisted me was a former U.S. consular officer who did a brilliant job and provided me with insights that only someone with consular experience could provide.
As a solo, I struggled not having an associate. LAWCLERK has allowed me to have great quality research and drafting done on short notice with no need to hire an associate! The work product has been phenomenal, and now that I have a team for the different areas of the law that I practice, the process is even smoother.
Trusted By Thousands Of Law Firms
US BASED ATTORNEYS
Get Work Done In Hours, Hire Associates In Days
LAWCLERK is the trusted partner of state and local bar associations and specialty legal associations.
How To Use LAWCLERK
Download the Economics Of a Law Firm Guide
Other People Also Ask
Frequently Asked Questions
LAWCLERK was built by attorneys that understand that in order to have a successful law practice in the 21st century, you must evolve and adapt your business model. You must be flexible and nimble to meet your clients’ needs. You must have the resources to power your firm – whether that means taking bigger cases, a higher volume of cases, additional practice areas, or having the resources to compete with bigger firms.
LAWCLERK connects you with our extensive network of freelance lawyers and gives you the systems and tools you need to seamlessly select and work with your chosen on-demand attorneys. We handle the vetting, payment, and tax reporting, as well as provide a mechanism for you to bill your client for the work you delegate.
LAWCLERK additionally ensures that a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement is executed for every project, provides a two-tier conflicts check process, provides a secured and encrypted chat and document library to allow you to safely and securely share documents, and allows you to build your hand-selected teams of on-demand associates.
To ensure your success, we also provide you with your own Dedicated LAWCLERK Advisor to assist you with putting LAWCLERK to work for you.
Join thousands of successful attorneys using LAWCLERK to increase profitability, efficiency, flexibility, and to get more done!
Register for an account. It is free and takes less than 2 minutes.
We give you a Dedicated LAWCLERK Advisor to answer all your questions and help you put LAWCLERK to work for you.
Get work done! It’s quick and easy! You can start by posting your work to the marketplace and our talented freelancer lawyers will apply to you or you can build a team of your hand-selected on-demand lawyers to work with on repeat.
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
To post a project
- Pick a project. Do you need an appellate brief, MSJ, opposition, reply, memo, lease, contract, purchase agreement, discovery responses, blog, or anything else drafted?
You will be provided a document library to share documents with the Lawclerk, as well as the Lawclerk’s phone number and email, and a secure and encrypted communication portal so that you can discuss the work you need done.The Lawclerk will get to work and provide you with an initial draft (if requested).You can review the initial draft and request revisions just like if the work was completed by an associate or paralegal in your firm.Your credit card will be charged the flat fee price you set when you select the Lawclerk you want to work with, which funds will be held in escrow until you approve the final work product.When you get the final document, you will also get a time card so you can bill the Lawclerk’s time to your client if you choose.
- Log into your account and click “post a project.”
- Provide a brief description of what you need drafted, your deadlines, and the flat fee price you will pay for the work.
- Freelance attorneys (we call them “Lawclerks”) with applicable experience will apply to you.
- Review the applicants’ resumes, writing samples, and reviews from other attorneys of the applicants and select the Lawclerk you want to work with.
- You will be provided a document library to share documents with the Lawclerk, as well as the Lawclerk’s phone number and email, and a secure and encrypted communication portal so that you can discuss the work you need done.
- The Lawclerk will get to work and provide you with an initial draft (if requested).
- You can review the initial draft and request revisions just like if the work was completed by an associate or paralegal in your firm.
- Your credit card will be charged the flat fee price you set when you select the Lawclerk you want to work with, which funds will be held in escrow until you approve the final work product.
- When you get the final document, you will also get a time card so you can bill the Lawclerk’s time to your client if you choose.
To build a team:
- Log into your account and click “build a team.”
- You have the ability to make your name visible on the team post or post anonymously. Our recommendation is to have your name visible as Lawclerks are more inclined to apply to teams when they can see your profile.
- Next you’ll want to name your team. Ex. Discovery Team or Employment Law Team.
- Your Team Description is up next. We recommend adding as much informantion as possible. The more detailed and precise you are in who you are looking for, the more attractive your post will look to potential applicants. Identify: (i) the type of experience you are looking for – be specific (number of years of practice, trial experience, etc.); (ii) the type of work you anticipate giving to the Lawclerks on your team; (iii) any useful or interesting information about your work or firm; and (iv) if you know, the frequency with which you anticipate assigning work.
- Finally, note the areas of law. Once you’ve completed these steps and clicked next, your team will officially be posted to the marketplace. This sends out a notification to all of our Lawclerks who have identified an interest in your areas of law.
- To view your team applicants, you simply need to open your team from your dashboard and begin reviewing their bios, resumes, writing samples, and reviews.
- Simply click on “accept” to add an applicant to your team.
Great news! There are no monthly, annual, or other reoccurring fees! The price you see on a project is the price you will get paid upon completion.
The traditional legal career is leaving many dissatisfied with its long hours and limited opportunities. LAWCLERK provides you the personal freedom to work when and where you want, on the projects you chose. Whether you are trying to earn more, spend more time with your family, or chart your own freelance career, LAWCLERK will get you there.
With LAWCLERK, you can:
- Put your valuable training and education to work
- Gain practical experience
- Work on your own schedule – as much or as little as you choose
- Work from anywhere
- Only work with your selected attorneys
- Meet and work with attorneys throughout the U.S.
- Develop and leverage specialized practice areas
- Expand your career options
- Build professional relationships
Once your account has been approved, you can search and apply for projects that interest you. Below is an example of what a project will look like on the marketplace:
Key elements to look at when applying
The period in which you can apply.
Project is due on the listed date.
Initial Draft Deadline:
Deadline of when initial draft must be submitted.
The net amount you will receive upon completion of project.
When considering whether to apply for a project, it is important to closely review all of the details and make sure it is something you want to, and can do, by the deadlines and for the project price. Please note that all projects are on a flat-fee basis. Thus, the project price is the compensation you will receive when the work is completed.
When you apply for a project, you are able to leave a brief statement indicating why you should be selected for the project. We encourage you to take advantage of this option as it can be the deciding factor in being selected for the project.
When you apply for a project (and only when you apply), the Hiring Attorney will be able to review your profile, which includes your bio, resume, writing sample, and reviews on past projects. This is the information that the Hiring Attorney will use (together with the optional project specific statement mentioned above) to determine which applicant to select for the project.
There are no limits on how many projects you can apply for nor a minimum number. You can pick-up one project a year or one per day. With LAWCLERK, you have complete control!